Welcome to Metanoia Financial
If you’re looking for someone to help you navigate your financial future, then you’ve come to the right place!
Whether you have already built wealth and are now looking for a strategy to generate an income from your investments, or if you’re still accumulating wealth, I can help.
This page will introduce you to Metanoia Financial and how I can help you and your family.
Who is Metanoia Financial?
Metanoia Financial is basically me, Bobby Cremins. I have a lot of partnerships and help behind the scenes, but I am the founder and only financial planner at Metanoia.
That means you work with me. The guy who is completely invested in the success of your family and this company and who isn’t going anywhere.
What Do You Do?
I like to use the analogy of building a financial house to describe what I do.
You aren’t going to take on the task of building a house without three things – a blueprint, raw materials, and a builder/architect.
Blueprint – this is your financial plan and this is our starting point. I believe everyone needs a comprehensive, personalized financial plan that lays out exactly how you’re going to reach your goals.
Raw materials – the different strategies we use to build the “rooms” of your financial house. Retirement income strategy, investments, insurance, estate plan, etc.
Builder/Architect – I act as your builder and your architect. I design the blueprint (your financial plan) based on your unique financial goals, I source the raw materials to build the house that you desire for your family, and I find sub-contractors to help with the work as needed.
If the Financial House concept doesn’t work for you, let’s try this. I offer two broad services – Financial Planning and Investment Management.
What is Financial Planning?
Financial planning is an ongoing process, in which we work together to develop a strategy to help you reach your goals. I break it down into four phases.
First: I assess where you are today and what resources you have to meet your financial goals:
- Cash flow – do you have a budget and know what it costs to maintain your desired lifestyle
- Insurances – health, auto, home, liability, life, disability, long-term care, etc.
- Estate plan – will, living will, POA, trust, etc.
- Debt – mortgage, car loan, credit card, student loan, etc.
- Liquid savings – money market, savings account, CD, etc.
- Investments – stock, bond, mutual fund, real estate, etc.
- Retirement – 401(k), 403b, 457, SEP IRA, IRA, Roth IRA, etc.
- Tax returns – federal, state, local
- Charitable giving – donor advised fund, foundation, trust, etc.
- and more
Second: we brainstorm to clarify what your goals are:
- How and when do you see yourself retiring?
- What will you do in retirement and what will it cost to do it?
- Do you know exactly what would happen to your family if you didn’t wake up tomorrow?
- Are your parents living and if so will you need to contribute to their support at some point?
- Have you made any provision for the possibility that you may need nursing care later in your life?
- Are there other loved ones you want to or will need to support financially?
- Do you know exactly what would happen to your family financially if you became disabled and could no longer work?
- Do you want to leave a financial legacy to your children or other loved ones?
- Are you comfortable in your current home or do you anticipate a move?
- How often do you want to buy new cars?
- Do you want to start a business?
- and more
Third: I recommend a strategy to maximize the probability of success of you reaching your goals given your current resources and future savings:
- How much you’ll need to save to fund goals
- How much you can withdrawal in retirement without running out of money
- What types of accounts you’ll fund to minimize taxes and maximize after-tax wealth
- What types of protection you’ll need to secure your plan
- How much liquidity you’ll need
- What investments you’ll use to achieve the returns you need
- and more
Fourth: I monitor your plan and we update it as your life circumstances change:
- Health changes for you or your loved ones
- Beneficiary changes, estate plan updates, and new accounts for new additions to your family
- Employer-provided benefits updates for new jobs
- New retirement plans and cash flow needs for starting new businesses
- Re-assessing protection needs for promotions and raises
- and so many more
Financial planning is ultimately the journey that we take together. And again, it’s a process. I’m there with you every step of the way to make sure you’re moving in the right direction and that your financial future is secure.
What is Investment Management?
It basically means I manage your investments for you. And I manage your money as if it were my own. I operate under a fiduciary duty, which is a fancy way of saying I am legally bound to put your interests first – ahead of my own. This might sound obvious, but surprisingly, this is not the norm in my industry.
I take the burden of designing an investment portfolio and monitoring it off your shoulders. No more watching CNBC or getting hot stock tips from your buddies at work.
Too often, I find people get hung up on the investment management. Everyone knows they need a financial plan, just like everyone knows they need a blueprint to build a home. However, some people think they can invest on their own and build the house themselves.
Yes, there is a cost to working with a quality financial planner and investment manager. However, I feel the cost is much greater going it alone. If you google “Dalbar study”, you’ll find several studies like this one. Dalbar finds year after year that the average investor achieves significantly lower returns than market averages.
Of course, I’m incredibly self-motivated in saying this, but do your family a favor and don’t invest on your own! You will most likely lose in the long run.
How I Help
I act as the Personal CFO for you and your family. You are the CEO.
I provide big-picture strategic financial planning and investment management to help you and your family build your Financial House.
You may have already built wealth and your goal is to generate a lifetime income and leave a legacy to those you love.
Or you may just be starting to build wealth and your goal is to save to enjoy a comfortable retirement and educate your children.
Either way, I am there every step of the way to make sure you reach your goals. I do this by:
- Developing a relationship to understand who you are and what you want to accomplish
- Staying on top of financial planning issues that can affect you and your family
- Collaborating with other financial professionals to deliver solutions to meet your goals
- Staying on top of financial markets and monitoring your investments
- Encouraging and coaching you through inevitable market downturns and recessions
- Navigating changes in your life and adjusting the plan as needed
Why I Do What I Do
I love strategic planning, investing, and building relationships with my clients.
I feel like my career calling is to help people steward their resources well so they can achieve financial peace.